We offer comprehensive services and advice on structuring, forming and operating successful funds; this is not an all-inclusive list. If you have questions, please contact Richard Heller (212-908-3907).
- Representing hedge fund (and private equity) sponsors in forming and structuring funds that pursue a variety of proprietary investment strategies, including funds of funds.
- Advising clients in connection with the formation and structure of hedge fund general partner entities.
- Negotiating seed investment deals.
- Drafting fund limited partnership and limited liability company agreements.
- Negotiating and evaluating investments in financial instruments, such as pooled investment funds, futures agreements, repurchase agreements, swaps and other derivatives.
- Organizing and registering investment advisers with the SEC and state regulators.
- Advising clients in connection with Dodd-Frank.
- Counseling clients with respect to SEC, CFTC, FINRA and NFA compliance.
- Preparing compliance programs and conducting compliance reviews of registered investment advisers who manage hedge funds.
- Counseling clients in connection with the marketing of hedge funds, including the presentation of performance information.
- Reviewing advertising and marketing material.
Litigation & Management
- Defending clients in SEC enforcement matters.
- Providing advice on SEC proceedings.
- Defending registered broker-dealers and representatives before the FINRA.
- Advising fund managers in daily operations of fund-management entities.
- Advising clients seeking to enter new markets, such as the EU.
- Advising activist fund managers on proxy solicitations.
- Negotiating investment side-letters with large institutional investors.
- Preparing hedge fund offering documents and exhibits and related federal and state securities filings.
- Assisting fund managers and investors with the preparation and completion of due diligence matters, including questionnaires submitted to prime brokers.
- Preparing private placement memoranda.